Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epsom printer which uses the 220 ink cartridges in…

Customer Question
I have an Epsom...

I have an Epsom printer which uses the 220 ink cartridges in both black and colour, can I replac cartridges with black only instead of using any colour, it is a wireless printer.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Can I replace the colour ink cartridge in my wireless printer with all black cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

I donot really need the colored ink can I use only black ink

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-ybuqa6mf,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. You would not be able to install a black cartridge in the color slot. What you need to do is open your printer preferences and change the printing to black and white or gray scale, instead of color. If you need the specific steps, please let me know what version of Windows you have and I will send you instructions.

Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert