Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WFN 3540. IN ANY PRINT MODE FROM COMPUTER OR JUST COPYING IT…

Customer Question
WFN 3540. IN ANY...

WFN 3540. IN ANY PRINT MODE FROM COMPUTER OR JUST COPYING IT GOES THRU THE NOISED AND MOTIONS BUT THE PAPER COMES OUT BLANK.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

WF3540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

I TURNED IT ON 6 MONTHS AGO. COULD NOT SOLVE IT. THOUGH MAYBE I'D UNINSTALLL AND REINSTALL BUT DID NOT DO THAT. HAPPENED WITHNO WARNING JUST NO PRINT ONPAPER.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

LAST WEEK.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

6 MONTHS I TURNED IT OFF. TODAY I TURNED IT BACK ON. SAME RESULT. WHILE CLEANING HEADS, I GOT MESSAGE--20 MINUTES AGO THAT THE BLACK CARTRIDGE WAS NOT RECOGNIZED. I AM INSTALLING A NON GENERIC PROPER CARTRIDGE(EPSON) NOW.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris