Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got a new router hooked up to regain my iternet now i…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new router hooked up to regain my iternet now i have to get my brothers printers hooked up i have a hl-l2380odw

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HL-L2380ODW: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I bought it new less than 1 yr ago no updates since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

1 am 79 yrs old so be gentle with the computer jargon

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

done
no thanks
no thanks for the securely connect offer standing by for your answer to my problem thank you
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Press Menu.

Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the Network and press OK.

Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the WLAN and press OK.

Press Up or Down arrow key to choose the Setup Wizard and press OK.

When WLAN Enable? appears, enable the wireless network.
This will start the wireless setup wizard.

The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs. When a list of SSIDs appears, press Up or Down arrow key to choose the SSID you want, and then press OK.

Enter the Network Key and then press OK to apply your settings. To apply the settings, choose Yes.

The machine attempts to connect to the wireless device you have selected.
If your wireless device is connected successfully, the machine's LCD displays Connected. The machine will print your machine's wireless status report. If the connection fails, check the error code on the printed report.

i dont have up and down arrows only left and right arrows
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Press the WiFi button on your screen.

Select Setup Wizard.

Switch Network interface to Wireless select yes.

Select your WiFi name and hit OK.

Enter your WiFi password ***** hit OK.

Apply Settings.YES

It will show Connected. Press OK.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

That and should be done on you printer let me know when done.

sorry i had to stop for lunch back to work heres what im doing i have a wifi icon on my first screen nothing happens when i touch it so i go to settings abd i push wifi direct this gives me an up arrow that says push button and a down arrown that says pin code abd also a manual button with no arrow now what
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Try the manual one.

ok i pushed manual an i get a message that say connecting ssid:directoahll2380 and dw pass 5uowgvhm
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is that your WiFi name and your password?

not that i rcognize
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you try to cancel that or delete those information.

i cnceled tht screen but the info comes back
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Alright, let me check upon this.

ok
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you, ***** ***** a Windows computer you have?

hp
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

So I believe that should have windows, let me see how we can do this on the printer.

I appreciate your patience.

i app you staying with me
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

My pleasure!

Please select these options on the printer.

WiFi>Setup Wizard>Yes.

Let me know what you get after that.

ok in order to get setup wizard i have to go to settings then network then wlan that gives me set up wizaed then it searches ssid and up comes 3 choices myccifb wirth an up arrow netgear00 with a down arrow and the bunker and a button that says ok lite up
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Alright, which is your WiFi name?

Please select that.

i cancel that we did it its working
let me try this again to make surer yes yes yes it works
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Sure. Thank you.

Sushani thank you helping me if we were not succesfull i would not have blamed you this tech stuff is very difficult to understand my grandkids know more than i do thank you very much bill
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

May be any one of your grandkids could help you in this.

Kindly respond back to me if you need assistance.

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

John, Computer Science Engineer