Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I get an error message of C000 and the printer won. It won't…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I get...

Second opinion] I get an error message of C000 and the printer won

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It won't restart. the same error comes up and shows an error

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.
That is a severe error. The printer may be 'broken', though there are one or two things you can try to get it working yourself again.

Tell me please, how old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a PIXMA MX882. It is older but I don't know how old
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please answer me or delete my membership

I'm sorry - I'm still here.

Now, the C000 error means, in practical terms, that you should open the printer, and check inside it for anything that might obstruct its workings:

- paper scraps, or sheets of paper

- loose parts, come detached from their fittings

- debris, odd objects, anything like that e.g. paper clips.

- loose ink cartridges, which can obstruct the workings if not fully in their slots.

If there is no such problem detectable, then try a reset: turn Off the printer, unplug it from power, and from the USB cable too if there is one connected to it, and leave it that way, for at least 15 minutes. Then plug in to only the power, turn it On, and see if the error is cleared.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done all that before I contacted you.

Then I regret to say, the printer may be 'broken', given its age, and its not responding (I presume) with any change in behavior, to what you have done and what I have advised.

It will need either repair-servicing, or else replacing, according to your preferences. But if it is 4+ years old, it may be better to replace it; an old printer will be likelier to break from some other cause, if repaired.

John, Computer Science Engineer