Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It will not print in black ink. Hp office jet pro 6968.

Customer Question
It will not print...

It will not print in black ink

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp office jet pro 6968

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes approx. a week ago I called and spoke to a person named ***** ***** not sure that's real name as he was not in the usa told me it would take about 20 mins to fix problem two hours later he said it was fixed all I had to do was get more black ink during the two plus hours and all the testing he did he used more than one half of all my new ink cartridges I purchased new black and it still do not work I need my printer fixed it is less than 6 mos. old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

This is a very common problem with these HP printers, even after just a few months.

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

The service fees you've paid thus far cover this chat format only. I'd be happy to call if you'd like, but the site does charge an additional fee for that service. I'll send an offer for that which you may accept if you'd like, or we can continue here if you prefer.