Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Where would I find the WPS number for my hp envy 4520? It…

Customer Question
Where would I find...

Where would I find the WPS number for my hp envy 4520? It says it is on the printer but I cannot find it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP ENVY 4520 ALL_IN_ONE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

We only use it in the winter while we are away ,I upgraded to W-!) before leaving so this is a new problem

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

10 mins ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-ck2u4dll,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please tell me what you upgraded? Did you mean your wifi? Also, do you know your current wifi password?

Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
win 10 upgrade
All I want to know is where you find the wps # on the printer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no ican fix it when I find the WPS # on the printer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Win 10 was upgraded and yes I do know my password, it says when I try to install printer It asks for the wps # that is on the printer or with the documents I received when I bought it
but cannot find it anywhere

if you have a custom wifi password, WPS will not work WPS is wifi protected setup that only works if the router is set up that way. This is why I am trying to determine whether you have a custom wifi network name and password.

The router, not the printer would have the WPS pin if that's the way it was set up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

No to which? Was the router set up using WPS or was it set up with a customer password? If the router was set up using WPS, then the WPS pin number may be on a label on the router Otherwise, I can walk you through browsing into the management interface of the router from a computer to determine the WPS pin number. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I fixed it myself thanks

I will let customer service know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert