Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will no longer scan to my computer, still scans…

Customer Question
Hi, My printer will...

Hi, My printer will no longer scan to my computer , still scans to a laptop, just not the Mac... What to do?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Don't think so, just doesn't to the job

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Eons ago, not sure how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That;s it, thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scan using ImageCapture by following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>