Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Having problems connecting my new printer to my Apple

Customer Question
Having problems connecting my...

Having problems connecting my new printer to my Apple computer

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Apple printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Already set up via cable but want to swap to wifi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Brand new printer TS8160, When I tried to connect via wifi says Error, can't connect. Am using OSX 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am unsure, Just want to use wifi not cable. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

i have not found the service helpful and it has cost me 46 dollars
no

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris