Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My epson xp830 no recognize the cartridges. i buy brand new…

Customer Question
My epson xp830 no...

My epson xp830 no recognize the cartridges. i buy brand new cartridges and install correctly., but the scanner no work . do not recognize the cartridges .

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Cannot recognize the fallowing ink cartridges. try installing then again.

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Yes. in the end of message say : ink cartridges C410,410X1 AND M 410, 410X1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

OKEY

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/8/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are these genuine oem/epson inks, or are they generic/refilled cartridges?

How are you replacing them? Do you just lift the lid and pull the carriage over to insert them? Or are you pushing some buttons?

ARE GENUINE EPSON INK.. LIFT THE LID , SET THE CARTRIDGE INSIDE AND PUSH TO CLIC

Okay that is the problem, you are installing them incorrectly, and may be damaging the printer as a result.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.