Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

SEEKING EXPERT for HP PRINTER questions, ASAP

Customer Question
....
SEEKING EXPERT for HP PRINTER questions, ASAP .
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

How may I be of assistance today?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason,
My apologies Jason. I was multitasking and thought that I had continued to check for at least 15 minutes after sending my question without seeing any response. But, apparently, you had done so very promptly and I somehow didn't see it until later this evening..
Anyway, my questions are regarding a specific HP J4680 all-in-one printer that is now giving me a FALSE "paper jam" error message and, when I try the HP Officejet J6400 series Solution Center, I get the error message The cartridge cradle cannot move. Please turn device power off. Check device for a paper jam or other obstruction."
But, again, it's a FALSE "paper jam" error message since I have thoroughly checked and cannot find any jammed paper anywhere.
There are YouTube videos from HP that deal with this problem but I was unable to resolve it with that info.
Please let me know if you believe that you have true expertise with this printer and what time range you intend to be on Just Answer tomorrow (Monday) and I will send another reply to you during that time. But, if you don't have expertise with this printer, please quickly opt out and let another expert take the questions.
I also realize that printers are inexpensive and since I don't do a lot of printing, the ink prices aren't usually a big deal. So, I don't want to invest much time or expense to try to fix this one.
But, since the scanner still works well and I use it often and the printer was decent (when it worked), I was going to see if possibly there's still an easy and fast "fix." Thanks for your prompt response.
Jon

Hello Jon,

I have experienced this problem many times, but not with your specific brand and model of printer. At your request, I will opt out of this question and allow another expert to take over.

Thank you,

***** *****

Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 6 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

what you can try is with the printer still on

unplug it from the wall

leave it that way for 10 minutes or half an hour

then plug it in again.

that should reset the entire printer and if it is a false paper jam stuck in there it should go away

if it comes back up again that is a bad sensor. that is a physical problem and i can not fix it from here

you can get it repaired or replaced if it is still under warranty.

If it is not it will probably cost at least 100 bucks to replace the mother board where the sensor is and its probably not worth the expense compared with buying another printer.