Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to get it connected online but I’m having problems.

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get it connected online but I’m having problems

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Xp 200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

I haven’t used the printer in years I’m just trying to hook it up now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Im trying to print from my iPad and is up to date

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

A week or so

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Ok
Done

Ok great. Has this helped?

No

Same error?

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Are you trying to set it up through Wi-Fi or USB?

Wifi

Is the printer connected to Wi-Fi at the moment? Please double check on the printer

No the printer will not connect to wifi

Does it show any error messages?

No the WiFi button flashes red and green for a few mns when it's trying to connect then just stays red there is no readout for any error messages

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

there is no error it just won't connect online

Are you going into the printer settings and selecting the Wi-Fi network?

No how do I do that I'm pushing in the wow button on my router then the WiFi button on the printer

Do you mean the WPS button?

Do you know the Wi-Fi password?

Are you holding down the WPS button on the router for 10 seconds then pressing the button on your printer for 10 seconds?