Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer will not print a Word Perfect document. It will…

Customer Question
My printer will not...

My printer will not print a Word Perfect document. It will print a Word document. It's a HP LaserJet 1505.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your LaserJet: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have used the software that came with it to "repair" it. But it doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have looked for updates but it says I'm current.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 1 month ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review the details of your issue.

Would you like for me to remote into your computer or give you written instructions here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you mind giving me written response? Just on my way out.
Biggest question:?what’s going on?

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing it's just a matter of adding the printer within Word Perfect since it works in Word.

What version of Word Perfect are you using?

To add a printer

1. Click File > Print.

2. On the Main page, click Printers.

3. In the Printers and faxes or Printers dialog box, double-click the Add printer icon.

4. Follow the steps in the Add printer wizard.

To select a printer

1. Click File > Print.

2. On the Main page, choose a printer from the Name list box.

To change the default printer for the application

1. Click File > Print.

2. On the Main page, choose the printer you want as the default from the Name list box.

3. Click Edit settings.

4. From the Named settings dialog box, choose Application default from the Name for current settings list box.

5. Click Save.

If you still need additional help with this issue please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m on Windows 7. Those instructions don’t apply.
1505 is already designated printer and checked as primary printer in WP and entire computer.
Thought I’d give your site a try since I’ve had nothing but frustration on-line.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Word Perfect 11

Okay, I can remote in to see if I can help if you'd like?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I'm not paying $39 when I can't be sure you will be able to fix the issue.

Okay, I understand. I'm not sure how else to help you so I will opt out and open this for another expert to try to help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. Thanks anyway.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks. Still don't have an answer but can't be on-line all the time to receive a response.
Harry, Engineer