Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We experience intermittent failure to print for no apparent…

Customer Question
We experience intermittent failure...

We experience intermittent failure to print for no apparent reason Mf247dw. At the moment printer is unable to connect to LAN

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 6 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review the details of your issue.

Please follow the steps outlined below:

• shut down and unplug the printer from the power outlet
  • unplug the internet modem from its power source
  • if you have a router, unplug it from its power source
  • leave all devices above powered off for 2 minutes

After two minutes of all devices powered off, follow the steps below:

• plug the modem back in to its power source & wait for all lights to come back on
  • plug in the router and wait for it to show wireless is available
  • power the printer back on

Now try printing again & let me know the results please.