Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get the Wi-Fi on. It says connected, but when I try…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the Wi-Fi on. It says connected, but when I try to print, ite says turn on the Wi-Fi.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly thru Spectrum

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know if I have ever updated it. Also it says the Wi-Fi needs to be on for my ink with HP.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't prine from scan. It says load 8 by 11 paper. It is loaded.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
wirelessly
I don't think. I have ever updated the software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't want anymore costs. Can you help me?
1/7/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I have been away from the printer for three months. It has not been on durg that time. I had a new Spectrum service iinstalled yesterday.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

I have completed that action. Do I turn the printer on now?

Yes please, let me know If this helps..

The printer says IP address not connected.
When I check, it says Wireless on, but it isn't.

Has it been set up and synced to the Wifi?

I typed in the secure password ***** the Spectrum setup, but it says incorrect password.

Are you talking to me on a computer?

I pushed retry. This time I think it connected. How do I put into the printer the new FAX telephone number?
There is a yellow mark across the printer icon at the top of the screen.

Is this on the computer?

Do you use fax?

The mark is on the printer screen's icon. I use FAX.
Also, how do I update the software?
A message says I am no longer enrolled in Instant ink; however my credit card has been billed every month.

You'll need to resign the ink thats all.

Do you want me to connect and re set up?

I would like my instant ink to be resigned or reimbursed for the past three months for the charges put on my credit card.
HP cancelled my Instant Ink 3 months ago but continued billing my credit card for 5.33 each month for a total of $15.99.
Are you reestablishing my Instant Ink? I would like it back.
Are you still with me? It has been awhile since you responded.
Where are you? Have you left?

I cannot access your HP account, I do not work for HP.

Can I connect and set it up?

How do you connect?

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris