Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My nephew put in a black and cartridge of a canon X410

Customer Question
My nephew put in...

My nephew put in a black and white cartridge of a canon X410 printer but when printing a pop up says I need color ink cartridge?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your X410?

Since I changed an old B and W to a new one,I don,t know how to locate cartridge?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The cartrigde may not have been installed right but I don,t think that,s the problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Do you have a windows/Mac computer?

As of the first step, we ill try reseating the cartridges.

Please follow the steps below:

1. With the printer turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently.
  2. Then lift the Scanner Cover and hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support.
  3. You will see the Cartridge Holder moves to the replacement position.
  4. You have to pinch the tabs to open the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover.
  5. Then remove the cartridge and replace it back.
  6. Note: The Color Cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the Black Cartridge should be installed into the right slot.
  7. Push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until you hear a click sound.

You can also refer a pictorial manual on how to reseat the cartridges:https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114170&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1515308161464