Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

He3llo Pearl. I am struggling to get my printer(a Samsung…

Customer Question
He3llo Pearl. I...

He3llo Pearl. I am struggling to get my printer(a Samsung 2525 laser printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Surface pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 2525?

Actually, I can print via the usb cable but not over wifi

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

I just bought my surfacepro back in feb of 2017

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's it Pearl. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

I would suggest, that your printer is not properly configured to connect to the local WiFi router. And/or, that the software as installed for the printer on your Surface Pro tablet computer, is not properly configured to connect to the printer.

If it worked formerly by wireless, you will need to remove the device in Control Panel - View Devices and Printers, and then restart the computer, and then reinstall the printer using a fresh download of the drivers for it and for the Windows version on your Surface Pro.

If it did not work formerly at all, then check your firewall and make sure that communicating with the printer over the network is OK in the firewall settings.

If you need instructions on how to do all this exactly, let me know, please, and I will instruct you.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting this problem solved, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.