Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon MX922 and it has printed until recently but I…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon MX922 and it has printed until recently but I cannot get it to print now frm my computer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

An HP laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX922?

Just this week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This particular printer does not have a specific print button. it prints from the copy button which is confusing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/6/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the printer wireless, or on a USB cable directly to the computer? let me know in Reply, please.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

Wireless
are you there
Hello
Do not connect to my computer

I am here. You have requested Secure Remote Assistance - but you say you do NOT want me to connect to your computer, is that correct?

do not remote connect.

OK. What computer are you trying to get printing working from, a Windows PC or an Apple computer, please? and, Did wireless printing work before this, with the same computer (and the same Internet service provider, the same router box, etc.) ?

HP laptop and yes it has worked up until now, I have tried the little bit I know to get it going to no avail.
This is taking longer than I expected. I thought I would be talking with you by phone.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Was the router reset recently, or did the internet have any problem lately?

Not satisfied with the long delays. Please cancel this service and refund my $5.

I am passing your request to Customer Support, which should handle it with reasonable promptness. Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com. Have a pleasant day.