Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I didn't see the info that I should always remove used

Customer Question
I didn't see the...

I didn't see the info that I should always remove used cartridge and IMMEDIATELY put in the new one. I took the old ones out, didn't have a replacement, waited c. 48 hours to put a new one in. Now the printer XP-830 keeps telling me it doesnt recognize the new cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your XP-830?

Maybe the second time.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error message, just says it doesn't recognize the cartidge, and I should re-installl. I've done that twice, now, to no avail. I can remove the lid cover

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer has worked well up to now, though I travel a lot so it doesn't get used all the time. I sometimes have shut it down while I'm away, sometimes not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I still need help. But I will only be near the machine until 10 am tomorrow morning (i.e Jan. 8), so if you can get back to me before then, I would appreciate it. I won't be back to this printer until Jan. 12 in the afternoon.

OK reply back here when you are free

I'm free right now.

Have you tried a print head cleaning?