Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Paper is jammed in back of my CLP 310. Samsung CLP-310.

Customer Question
Paper is jammed in...

Paper is jammed in back of my CLP 310

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Samsung CLP-310

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CLP-310?

First time

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Windows 10 within the past year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can see from the top of the unit where the paper is caught but cannot figure out how to release the internal components to remove the paper

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/6/2018
Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Are you seeing the paper from the front or back of the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe this is not something that can be resolved by connecting to the device. I need to know how to physically release the internal mechanism to remove the wadded up paper that is caught. I can take a photo of it and send it to you or we can face time on the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If this is not possible then I don't see how you are going to be able to assist me.

I'm not sure what you mean by connecting to the device. If you're seeing a "remote assistance" offer, that's coming from the site and not me. Sorry about that.

As for the jam, I can walk you through this. It sounds like you're talking about the fuser lever. Take a look at >>this picture<< and let me know if it helps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are on to where my issue is. I see the levers and yet do not understand how the operation of them will allow for the release of the mechanism.

That lever flips upward, and the fuser unit pulls out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it does not pull out....that is what my problem is. I don't want to force it and break something.

It does. If the lever has been lifted, the fuser comes out. It comes at a bit of an upward angle and it might not feel gentle, but it comes out nonetheless. Sometimes it takes some wiggling. You won't break it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried wiggling it, etc. still does not give. It looks like there are 4 screws possibly holding it in place? Two are on each end left and right sides. Are you aware of these and would that make a difference?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you sure you don't need a photo of what I have ?

The screws do not need to come out. I'm happy to look at a photo!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does it make a difference if the model is a 315 versus 310? The computer connection for trouble shooting said 310, which is what I submitted to you, however I just noticed on the front/top of the unit that it says 315. How would I submit a photo to you of the back end of the unit?

On your chat window, there should be a little paperclip icon. That's the uploader. Alternatively, you can upload it wherever you want (Imgur, PhotoBucket, whatever) and just give me a link to it.

And no, the 310 and 315 are similar enough for paper jams.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see the paper clip icon and am not familiar with the upload mechanism...is that like a drop box?

Sure Dropbox is fine. However you normally share pictures with people.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I am not familiar with how to do the photo upload. I have only "shared" photos via email and text attachments. At any rate, I don't think it will matter to you because this unit is definitely not able to be pulled out.

Fair enough. I will opt out and allow someone else to assist. Perhaps they can explain it better.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The unit is obviously still jammed. The previous technician did not give me any more information than what I already had knowledge of. The problem is that I cannot get The fuser unit out even when the two green levers are turned up. I will be gone the rest of this morning and not able to do anything more with communicating on this until mid afternoon Eastern time.

OK

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure if you are still "on duty" or not at this hour but I am available again to communicate about the problem.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that we can advise via a remote session here for an issue like this since the part is stuck.

You will need to use a flash light and locate why it is stuck and remove the part since it is stuck on something.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, this is what I have already done--several times and even before I first spoke with the original expert. I will have to bring it to a shop near me that services this equipment. So, how do I request my money be refunded since there was nothing of value that I was able to procure from this service?

I will send the request for you.

Please do not rate our session or reply back so that the request goes through.

Harry, Engineer