Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer has been working well. All inks have been

Customer Question
The printer has been...

The printer has been working well. All inks have been replaced a piece of paper jammed. I followed the instructions to remove the paper and there are no blinking lights. I then proceeded to print a document and the machine went through all the normal motions of printing. However the problem is there is nothing printed on the paper. I am at a loss as to what to do. I look forward to your reply.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have never replaced it. The machine is only 1 year old and has worked perfectly until I removed the jammed paper just now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything thanks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/6/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please Harry
The printer is the problem not the computer. The printer is going through all the normal procedures however it is printing blank pages. You would not be able to fix it by remote connection. I believe it is a physical problem.

Yes, that is an automated offer by our system for remote assistance.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?