Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to connect my new computer to my epson xp40 old

Customer Question
I want to connect...

I want to connect my new computer to my epson xp40 old printer and have no authorisation number to submit when I tried to connect. This computer has no disc slot.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP40: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure if I did but it would have been to the old computer wouldn't it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you no.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/6/2018
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the Epson printer model XP-40 or XP-400?
What's the make / model of your new computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

xp _ 410

Please download / install the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" (or Printer Driver) at the website below:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-400/s/SPT_C11CC07201#drivers

- What's the make / model of your new computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

NO I'll download the package and have a go myself thanks. It is an hp laptop

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.
OK. You can download the package at the website below:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-410/s/SPT_C11CC87201#drivers

Or how about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

The correct printer driver for your printer model XP-410 is at the website below:

- There, please download / install the Drivers and Utility Combo Package.