Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I cannot get the computer to accept my printer. HP LaserJet…

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the computer to accept my printer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP LaserJet P1006

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

Today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I put a new cartridge in this week.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you getting an error message when trying to print?

What message is it showing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I paid 9.99 today to install driver support. Why didn't that work.

Driver support often times does not work and is often looked at as a scam. What error message is your printer giving you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have it up right now, but it had to do with USB 3.

Could you try to get the message to come up again so I can know what it is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll try.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says' we cannot reach your printer. Make sure the printer is on and connected on the printer's network or try a different printer' I tried the troubleshooter and that where the USB 3 came up.

Do you have the printer software installed?

Have you tried uninstalling all of the software and removing the printer and then reinstalling it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no. I don't know how to do this. can you help me.

Certainly!

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
windows

Do you know what version of Windows it is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
windows 10

Please do the following:

1. Click the start button in the bottom left corner
  2. Click the settings button (It looks like a gear)
  3. Select "Apps"
  4. Search for "HP"
  5. Uninstall anything relating to your printer
  6. Back in the "Settings" menu, select Devices
  7. Select "Devices and Scanners"
  8. Select your printer in the list and click remove if it is still in the menu

Let me know when this is done

Once you have done the above steps, go to the following link and download the drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL21058/bi-55362-7/ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en.exe

Install that and then reconnect the printer

If it does not automatically add, back in the "Devices and Scanners" menu, select "Add a printer or scanner" and select your printer from the list.

Does this work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have this done.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Did you see the second set of instructions I sent?
John Lohr
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer