Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Is there a manual way to clean my HP Laser Jet 200 Pro color…

Customer Question
Is there a manual...

Is there a manual way to clean my HP Laser Jet 200 Pro color MFP M276nw?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A Toshiba laptop. At present I have turned off all connections to the printer and have removed all external wires.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

I don't know I have had this for 4 years and have never cleaned the rollers. It has to clean between almost every sheet of paper being printed, which is annoying. I use Windows 10. I have not the slightest complaint about the quality of the printing.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The Windows 10 OS is automatically updated. I never do anything with or to the Toshiba laptop, which is about 18 months old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. With older printers (all HP I think) a blank sheet runs through alternate pages when printing a document or copying pages from books. I've never understood that but assume it was part of MS Word, in all the versions we have used. We only use the computer for personal use.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/6/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

All I need is to be sure the rollers are clean on my printer, and if there is a way to do it manually, I need to know how. Of course, when I open the door on the back, there is a rubber roller attached to the lid, and a smooth one much more hidden that is within the printer proper. Am I supposed to clean either of these and how do I go about it? The other matter is that when one is copying a series of letters or cards, there are times when a blank card or paper is alternately run through the printer between papers that are printed.
I AM QUITE HAPPY TO CONNECT TO YOU TO LET YOU FIX THE PRINTER, BUT NOT IF ADDITIONAL COSTS OCCUR. I WASN'T TOLD BY H-P OR JUST ANSWER THAT THERE WOULD BE $18 ADDED TO THE $5 DEPOSIT WHEN THIS TRANSACTION BEGAN.
Preston Manning
No thanks. Just advise me what to do to clean the rollers, with the hope of avoiding the machine's cleaning between so many copies and making the entire process of printing speedier. If you can guarantee this, maybe I will take you up on the add'l. charge, giving a total bill of $39. The way you go about this "contract" smacks of a boondoggle to me. However, what are the end results you guarantee.
Regardless, I'll have no time to set this up with you till sometime on Monday, the 8th.
Preston Manning
You haven't made the first suggestion yet about cleaning the rollers, and you've said nothing about the time "wasted" between successive printing of sheets when the printer has to stop to "clean". Will you give something of an answer to my questions/doubts?Thank you, ***** *****
Where is your answer? Preston Manning
Harry, are you going to answer me and deal with my problem? If not, I shall try elsewhere and will expect no $18.00 charge to be put through on my credit card.Preston Manning

Hi Preston,

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-**** to discuss billing.