Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a kodak 5250 and it keeps getting a paper jam error…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a kodak 5250 and it keeps getting a paper jam error code (3524) I have cleared the paper but still want work?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Kodak printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Long time ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

To resolve the error:

• Press the On/Off button on the printer control panel to turn off your printer.

Wait 30 seconds.

• Press the On/Off button to turn on your printer.

If the error continues, double-check that all paper and foreign objects are removed from inside your printer, then follow the steps below.

NOTE: Even if you do not physically see a paper jam, you will need to follow the paper jam steps to solve the error.

Check your paper :

• Make sure that your paper or other media (such as labels, card stock or labels) meets the specified requirements for your printer.
  • If the paper has been exposed to a damp environment, replace it with fresh paper that has been sealed in a wrapper.
  • Make sure the paper is loaded correctly:
  • Always fan the paper stack before placing it into the paper tray. This will help prevent pages from sticking together.
  • Do not overload the tray. While troublshooting, loading only between 5 to 20 sheets in the tray.
  • Do not load more than one type of paper in the tray.
  • When loading photo paper, or special media, make sure the correct side is facing up. (Media orientation requirements vary by printer model, refer to your printer Extended User Guide.)
  • Slide the paper into the tray until it stops.
  • Move the paper-edge guides until they touch the paper.
  • Make sure the printer is seated on a flat, hard, level surface.

Let me know if that helps and we can go to the next steps if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 21 days ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert