Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I lost the disc and it has never been connected to my

Customer Question
I lost the disc...

I lost the disc and it has never been connected to my computer. I have had it for at least two years and never used it. Can't I download the software? I have been on hold with Canon for 30 minutes. Ridiculous.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I have the manual and it says PIXMA MG5500.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I don't have the software-lost the disc that came with the printer. I have nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to connect the printer to my computer and the MG5500 doesn't even come up in the options online to do this myself.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Dan T., Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. It looks like you've gone over some basic information with our automated system, so I just have a couple questions to make sure I know what's going on.

Are you just looking for the original software that came with your MG5500?