Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer which I share with another of our computers

Customer Question
My printer which I...

My printer which I share with another of our computers stopped working and we have followed the HP instructions to get it printing again, but it doesn't work as we continue to get this message: INK failure. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Hp Officejet 6700

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Only message we get is ink system failure and yes we can open lid and we have taken all the carriages out and put them back in with now change.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

We printed 3 items and when we tried to print the 4th it stopped working.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 7 months ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

Do you print every week? or just once in a while? Also, are you using genuine HP cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?

Thank you.