Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I turn it on, it sys there is an error and it wont

Customer Question
When I turn it...

When I turn it on, it sys there is an error and it wont work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon mx922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX922?

I had been using another printer and just turned this one on after about 2 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Ha no idea if I ever even did that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Done
Same message
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

What is the error message?

The message says”an error has occurred. The printer needs repair. 1. Turn the device off and unplug the power cord from the powe supply.
2. See the manual and contact the service center.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
  • Make sure the printer is turned off.
  • Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  • Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  • Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  • Release the Power button.
  • Turn off the printer and then turn it on again
After holding resume button and power button , green light never goes on
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Try to unplug and replug the power cable after 5 minutes.

Give the 5 minutes time for sure.

And then repeat the same process.

Green light never comes on
Just where is this green light?
Only light that comes on when I do that is the little blue light by the copy button
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

The one that lights up on the ON button.

No - it never turns green
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Ok followed directions and followed another one with the same support code number and noticed my ink cartridges do not move
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Alright, in that case just try to open up your printers cover take out all the cartridges and put them back in.

and try to reset it.

If it still exists then we have to take it to a service center.