Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I press 'print' I get a signal for sending a Fax: my…

Customer Question
When I press 'print'...

When I press 'print' I get a signal for sending a Fax: my Printer is an HP Office jet Pro 6830

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

I did a scan last night which worked: I'll try a copy now - it copies OK

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

I tried to print last night: I've tried again today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything - but, by the way, I never send faxes!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 6 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

Please stay with me on this page.

- When printing something, at the print dialog window, can you select the HP printer name without the Fax word, then print and check?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.