Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

The printing preferences on my computer are locked with a…

Customer Question
The printing preferences on...

The printing preferences on my computer are locked with a little lock symbol and my printer is only printing in black not color

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Yes I did that once and the print page from that had color on it. but when I try to send a color pic to the printer is in black

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No, but why are there locks on my preferences

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How much will this cost

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please if I am conned into paying $20.00 I would definitely like an answer...but I have tried bout everything.

You are not "conned" into paying for our service.

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OH yeah, here is the e-mail customer service sent me....the first "tech assistant" I talked to said it would be $5.00 NOTHING
about the "level" of help you had to pay for. Then when she "transferred" me I was hit with the "Level" of service fees, so I did
contact your Customer Service and they told me too bad I had to pay at least $20.00 5.00 was a "down payment"...here is that part of the e-mail..JustAnswer Customer Support <*****@******.***>
12:36 AM (11 hours ago)to me
Hi Kathy,Thank you for contacting JustAnswer, I apologize for any confusion about our payment structure.When asking a question on JustAnswer, a customer sets the dollar amount that they are willing to pay for a satisfactory answer to their question. Before the question is posted, the customer must make a good faith deposit for the full amount that they are willing to pay for the satisfactory answer to their question. Normally, an initial $5 deposit is required at the time the question is posted and the balance of the question price is collected once an Expert responds to the question. However, since you have used PayPal as funding source, you will be billed for the entire amount at once. Please note that the total value of your question is for $20 and not $5.
Sooo I was not told o this until they had my paypal account...not conned???.

Kathy,

The entire payment process is explained to you during setting up of the question process. You can call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Explained by who?? By the time I got to the "Level" of cost I wanted out, but they told me sorry you have to pay
20.00 at least....You take advantage of people who just want their computer fixed and after working on that on your
own for 2 hours maybe you are gullible like me to think someone can help you right away... I will not call your customer
service because I have already e-mailed them and you saw what they said $20.00 please.So just charge my card the 20.00 and chalk it up to a lesson learned..Someone will help me for free if I have to go to HP.Thanks and have a Great Day!

OK

John, Computer Science Engineer