Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We've had this HP Envy 4520 printer since about May 2017. We…

Customer Question
We've had this HP...

We've had this HP Envy 4520 printer since about May 2017. We subscribed soon after that for the eternal cartridges system. Since then we have received 3 black cartridges, which has been more than adequate. But we haven't received a single color cartridge. And now our color cartridge is spent. What am I to do? Go and purchase one?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

As I said above, it's a HP Envy 4520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

As I said above, I have received 3 black cartridges but have have received a color one. Now the color cartridge is spent. Will you send me a color one soon?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't understand that. Was I asked to update the OS on the computer at some point? If so, I am forced to do regular updates, even though I don't need them. That is, they don't seem to improve anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No--just send me at least one color cartridge. Isn't this supposed to be a perpetual system?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.