Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says to install a new yellow ink cartridge on my

Customer Question
It says to install...

It says to install a new yellow ink cartridge on my workforce wf-7610....I have installed two new yellow cartridges 6 times each and I still get the message ,,,,cannot recognize the following ink cartridge....252...try installing again

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your WorkForce?

No

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Only error messages is the one I told you i can open the unit and install a new cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the only issue I am having

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using new/genuine epson inks, or generic/refilled cartridges?

Epson cartridges

Thanks,

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.
First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then reset the machine: unplug power at the wall outlet wait 5 minutes press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

this did not work...so I just threw the mother f**ker out in the snow bank and I will buy a new hp printer in the morning...do not charge my credit card after this 30 day free trial