Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Telling me to Read ch.1 of troubleshooting and Maintenance…

Customer Question
Telling me to Read...

Telling me to Read ch.1 of troubleshooting and Maintenance manual Computer tells me that the ub gable needs to be up-graded Says nothing wrong with printer function The faulty cable provided this info!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC 235 C Old, I know , but perfectly good until today!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Just now when I plugged it in to use

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday It does it;s own up-dates and I was a bit scared to go into Recovery to see if new settings were the prob, as do not want to lose files or data or stuff!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only use it randomly, but it guzzles ink and I probably should not disconnect and store it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I have studied photos posted on-line by the company (Brother) but I am reluctant to actually interfere in the workingds of the machine It is an older model with 4 functions but I rarely do anything more than print I googled another technician's remedy ands could not effect a cure, so the answer to your question is YES.

Please explain the issue in more detail

Please explain the issue in more detail

It is possible that the up-dates to Windows 10 have caused the USB connection to become out-dated according to the trouble shooter on Computer The printer isa Brother MFC 235C about 10 years old, I think Trouble free til today!
The window is posting me a message saying Unable to clean Read Troubleshooting and maintenance manual Chapter 1. I have followed a process of holding down the start buttons, disconnecting the power, reconnecting the power, releasing the buttons, typing in a series of numbers and repeated this to no avail while watching a video, Still no luck
I think I will cancel this service and go back to the on-line help thank you. I have just spent 33dollars which I did not know I was going to, for nothing. Please reimburse my card now . Thank you Have a great day.
The technician is not talking. This is no good . I have been talking to no one. I cancel this service and request my money back!