Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased a Canon Pixma Pro-100.I have gone as far as

Customer Question
I purchased a Canon...

I purchased a Canon Pixma Pro-100.I have gone as far as installing the inks. My iMac desktop computer is about ten feet from the printer. What USB cable do I need to connect the printer to my iMac computer.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Pixma?

I did change the ink cartridges. I installed the ink cartridges for the first time.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes I can open the cover.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

AsI said, I want to know what USB cable do I need to connect my printer to my iMac which is about totem feet from the printer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

To get a good connection if 10 feet away you should get a USB cable that has a USB A connector on one end, a USB B connector on the other end, and is long enough so that it does not have to be pulled tight in order to make a strong connection. The 15 foot cable at the following link is a good example of the cable that you should use:

click here

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Do you need further assistance?