Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Scanner not connecting with printer. I spent 30 min. with…

Customer Question
Scanner not connecting with...

Scanner not connecting with printer

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

I spent 30 min. with Epson and had them "take over" the Mac and after going over everything and complimenting the tech person to the supervisor I am still unable to send a scan through my e-mail.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It was all working fine until we went on the County Grand Jury and they asked us to upgrade our operating system...and since then it has not worked. about a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure I know what you mean....printer to know. According to the Epson fellow in India, everything works fine. BUT cannot connect to our computer.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Have to admit as a senior citizen I am not the most tech savvy. Do you actually fix the problem as it was suggested by the Epson people that there was a need to reinstall the drivers and security? ( as if I knew what that really is) Or, will you just tell me what should be done? If you could get my scanner working it would be worth $30 to me to have a scanner that connects with my Mac. It was working fine until we upgraded the operating system when we were elected to our county grand jury and the scanner has not worked from that time. If you "take over" my Mac and fix the problem, I would pay the price ( if I read correctly, $28 plus $5.), but if I paid and the scanner still did not work..then I would not agree to that . Phil ****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure how this works...you secure remote assistance, but can I run the scanner while you are still connected to see if it actually works. Can I put a photo on the scanner and "hit" e-mail on my Epson printer and send it to my daughter and see if the scanner is working. If it works...then $39 okay, but if you tell me it works ( as the Epson tech did) and it does not...I would not be amenable to doing that.

Phil,

Our service is more than $5. Please call customer service at 1-***-***-**** and they can explain how the payment works for the question and remote assistance

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

I have time now to try and understand. IF you do a "Secure Remote Assistance" ( which I think means that you get into the operating of my computer) you will attempt to reinstall drivers and other necessary things to get the scanner to connect with my Mac. IF that worked and I could use my scanner and actually scan and send copies through my e-mail, I would be happy to pay $39. for that. My concern is that I would pay $39 and hear that you did all you can and "sorry it does not work". I would then ask for a refund. This is the first time for me to try "Just Answer". Please let me know If my understanding is correct.I would proceed with the understanding that if it works ...I pay $39 and if not, I get a refund. Phil ****

Please call customer service at 1-***-***-**** and they can explain how the payment works for the question and remote assistance

John, Computer Science Engineer