Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got a new iMac and a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 printer.

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new iMac and a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 printer. Have downloaded drivers, but system preferences can't seem to find it when I try to add it to my printers. Printer is on and hooked up to computer directly with USB

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just a few minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer is old but has always worked fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the operating system version of the computer? Is it Mac osx 10.13 or 10.12?

Mac osx 10.13

Could you please tell me when was the last time the printer worked fine? the reason why I am asking is there is no driver for the OS Version 10.13, The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.

When I go to System Preferences-Printers & Scanners - Add+ the printer does not show up as an option. Even under search Canon Pixma Pro 9000 nothing shows up

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

There is a new driver for this printer. Please download it.

LINK

Let me know if you are able to install it with this. If not we can continue another path.