Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Bought the xp330 last February now it only prints out the…

Customer Question
Bought the xp330 last...

Bought the xp330 last February now it only prints out the top half of each letter, have put in two new black inks and cleaned the heads several times.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

No error message

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Some times it will print in blue when 'Ive selected black

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

A few cleans are not enough for a bad clog. You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 10 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

Ok will run the cleaning thru a few more times

Thanks, ***** ***** of luck to you!