Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother DCP 7020 printer for many years. Just now…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother DCP 7020 printer for many years. Just now every single piece of paper going through gets jammed at the same spot -- right as it is supposed to go into the cartridge. Can if be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

DCP 7020

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Started today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Can't tell you. I have had this so long with no problems.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

Does the leading edge of the paper get wrinkled, damaged, or similarly affected? if 'yes', there is an obstruction there causing a misfeed.

If 'no', then a paper presence sensor is probably not registering the presence of paper. Fixing this sort of problem is somewhat not-cheap, and will most likely require a trip to a Brother authorized repair center. Let me know if you are interested in the choices of local repair centers, near you, and mention your zip code, and I will provide listings and contact information for locations near that zip code that you can call upon for repairing this model of printer.

I demand a refund, which I already requested and was told I would get.

I hope that my advice is of some use to you. As for a refund, I can detect no previous request for one, so I have nothing I can do but pass your request to those who handle refunds and charges, Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. Thank you for trying our service.