Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Receiving P08 error with blinking alarm and on light

Customer Question
alternating. Tried unplug procedure to...
Receiving P08 error with blinking alarm and on light alternating. Tried unplug procedure to no avail. What next?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me when was the last time the printer worked fine? Did you change any hardware on the printer like replaced Cartridge or Print head?

The printer worked fine day before yesterday and nothing was done to it.

This error is shown when there is a faulty cartridge or a problem with the logic board in the printer. Let me try some basic troubleshootings to check if the issue is getting resolved

1. Turn off the machine
  2. Unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.
  3. Wait for 10-15 minutes
  4. Replug the power cord to the printer
  5. Turn on the printer

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Tried the five steps suggested without resolving problem. I'd like to point out that except for the length of the off time, the procedure had already been tried.

Most cases are due to the cartridge, and can be rectified by replacing the faulty cartridge. This can be checked by installing some old cartridges to see if the error clears. If it is the logic board, it is cheaper to replace the printer than to repair it or you can contact Canon service center.

New cartridge did not solve problem. Looks like a new printer is required.

I understand, the problem might be with the logic board in the printer. So you could contact Canon and check, if they can help.