Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC-7860DW printer. I wanted to print something…

Customer Question
I have a MFC-7860DW...

I have a MFC-7860DW printer. I wanted to print something that has to be printed within pre-printed boxes on the page, but when I print, the numbers do not line up within the boxes the way they are supposed to. All the text is lower on the page than it should be.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

It is a Dell laptop. I am using Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-7860DW?

Just recently. Everything else has been fine. I have had to print other things that have to line up and had no problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that if I need to change anything, it would just need to be temporary. Because all the other things I print that have to line up are ok. Just this particular set of documents is the problem.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
No. I do not want secure connection.
How much longer will it be?
1/4/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

ok. plugged back in.
no. no secure access.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

The file you are trying to print is that a word document?

No. It isn't. It is actually a W2 form that I am trying to print. The squares and everything are preprinted on the form. I am supposed to be able to load the W2 forms on the printer and print the amounts from my payroll software onto the W2 form in the correct boxes. Everything prints ok. But it prints lower on the page than it should, so things are not in the correct box.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Am sorry.

Let me open this for other experts to handle this.

Thank you.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

But I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow afternoon. I won't have access to the printer until then.

OK please reply back here tomorrow

Ok. I am ready to try again.

Is it a PDF file?

Problem has been resolved. Thanks anyway.