Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I get a message that says "Carriage Jam; Clear Carriage Jam;

Customer Question
I get a message...

I get a message that says "Carriage Jam; Clear Carriage Jam; Press OK". I have done this repeatedly and have followed the video provided by HP, but nothing changes and my printer will not print.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/5/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I trashed the printer. I used an on-line source from HP to check all ten steps in trying to fix the problem--none of them worked. The end result was HP indicated the printer needed to be serviced. Not going to do with a cheaper model, seven year old printer. Buying a new one yesterday was much cheaper and efficient.
John, Computer Science Engineer