Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The "pick" that brings the paper up from the tray so it can…

Customer Question
The "pick" that brings...

The "pick" that brings the paper up from the tray so it can print on the paper is not working

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

I don't know, I just know it is not working because the printer told me!!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The problem with the printer is mechanical. Not something you can talk to me over the computer.
It is an item that brings the paper up to the level where you can print on it. Let me know when I can get someone to come out to the house and fix the printer.....
HP Pro 8600 Premium printer
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Technician: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago
Evan Davis

HI There, it sounds like the pickup roller needs to be cleaned or adjusted.
HP has video instructions on how to perform this operation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeroMrzgDxE
Let me know if this helps.
Thanks much!
Evan

Technician: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago

HI There, I wanted to check back and see if this was helpful? Thanks much! -Evan