Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to use my new Canon Pixma mg 3000 on Macbook pro…

Customer Question
I'm trying to use...

I'm trying to use my new Canon Pixma mg 3000 on Macbook pro but its not working so well

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm sorry I'm not so good with computers would that be on the computer or something on computer that needs updates The printer is new we just got it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1928?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>