Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

P-touch 1800/1810 will not print single full size (3/4)

Customer Question
P-touch 1800/1810 will not...

P-touch 1800/1810 will not print single full size (3/4) letters . have printed full size letters before but do not remember how. users guide does not show how to remedy. p.s. i am 81 years old and type with one finger (i am slow)

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother p-touch 1800/1810

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Have not used in several years. never had trouble before

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never. it is a desk top

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just wish to print single, full size numerals again. has worked before

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-o9dt4bvx,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

1. Make sure you have the 3/4 inch tape cassette installed
  2. Check above the display and it will show the currently selected size setting. You want this to say Auto, as this is the easiest way. With the AUTO size setting, the machine compares your text with the width of the installed tape and automatically adjusts the characters to the largest possible size. Also, six other point sizes are also available and each can be printed in wide characters)

Press CODE and while holding the CODE key down, press the 2 key to select the size. You may repeatedly press the 2 key until the desired size is displayed. With the AUTO setting selected and 3/4" (18-mm)-wide tape installed, text consisting of just one line of only capital letters will be printed with a character size of 48 points.

Please reply and let me know if that worked and let me know if you have any questions or run into issues and we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert