Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It will not print. it has a code 5B00. Pixma mg 2500. It…

Customer Question
It will not print...

It will not print. it has a code 5B00

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Pixma mg 2500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

It stopped yesterday. it was having problems before. we had to hit the black key to make it work

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. the machine is flashing alternately between on and the little triangle

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i did as requested. the machine went back to alternating between on button and the little triangle.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

Step #1:
First, turn your canon printer off.

Step #2:
Now, press and hold the stop/reset button down. It should look like this on your printer:

Step #3:
While holding the stop/reset down, press the on/off button on the printer. This will turn the printer on and off again.

Step #4:
Let go of the stop/reset button and press it again two (2) times in a row, with light, tapping motions. Please remember to keep the on/off button pressed while doing this.

Step #5:
Let go of all the keys you were pressing down and wait until rest appears on your screen.

Step #6:
Touch the stop/reset button again for five (5) more consecutive times and, finally, press the on/off button two (2) times very quickly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it did not work
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

I apologize let's try the other way.

Step #1:
First of all, turn your canon multifunction printer on. We will be working with our printer on throughout this entire procedure because we’ll be working directly on the printer’s settings.

Step #2:
Then, press the menu button on the printer.

Step #3:
You must now put your canon printer in service mode. In order to do this, you will have to press the SCAN, COPY and SCAN buttons in that exact order. Please take into account the service mode menu is entirely in English, just as a computer’s BIOS.

Step #4:
You can now press the + key until you’ve reached the COUNTER ACCESS option. Press the OK button once you’re there.

Step #5:
A page counter will now appear on your printer’s screen. The number on it indicates the amount of pages you’re printed in total. It’s a lot, huh?

Step #6:
Press the OK key.

Step #7:
Now, press the COPY button.

Step #8:
Use the - key to lower this score all the way to zero (0). Now, press OK.

Step #9:
continue to use the + symbol to look around the menu and stop once you get to SCAN PAGE COUNT. Set this counter back to zero (0) in order to wipe the score on the page counter on our canon printer, found only when it’s in service mode.

Step #10:
Browse the entire menu slowly until you reach the ABS-M DONT COUNT option. Set this score back to zero (0) and click OK.

Step #11:
Press the stop/reset button after everything else has been down.

Step #12:
Turn your printer off and back again using the on/off button on it.

If the INVALID KEY message appears on your computer screen at the end of this procedure, disconnect the power cable from the printer and connect it once more.

Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have none of the above keys
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 1 month ago

I apologize, I may have to troubleshoot with this remotely.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the machine is alternating between on and the triangle. it is flashing 7 times stops and then flashes again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if you are on line please answer
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Could you please tell me the full model number of the printer? 2500 is just the series, it is probably an MG 2520 for example

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mg2520
John, Computer Science Engineer