Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon PIXMA MG5700 series and I cannot get the

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a canon PIXMA MG5700 series and I cannot get the scanner connected . Can you help Please? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Pixma when you try to scan?

I can't get the scanner to connect at all and I can't find any instructions to help me. It just doesn't scan.. No its not showing any error code. It makes all the right noises but I can't find where its scanned if its scanned

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It's a new machine , One month old but I've never been able to use the scanner. I have a mac . Does that make a difference?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using ImageCapture. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>