Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Making a black and copy printer says "8x10 glossy" and takes…

Customer Question
Making a black and...

Making a black and white copy printer says "8x10 glossy " and takes 55 seconds to print ---- whats up ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson xp 830

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Off and on for a couple of mos.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Presumedly a few days ago when I called a site for support. they [he] did a lot of something and said they had updated everything and sold me some system protctionfor 5 years for $400.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-xazci0g6,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try the following on your printer:

1. Press the home button, if necessary.

2. Select Setup.
3. Select Printer Setup.
4. Select Paper Source Setting.
5. Select Paper Setup.
6. Select the paper source you want to change.
7. Select Paper Size.
8. Select the paper size you loaded.
9. Select Paper Type.
10. Select the paper type you loaded.
11. Press the Back button to select another paper source to change, or press the home button to
exit.

Let me know if that helps and then we can go to the next step, if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert