Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Whenever I try to print anything, I get a message that says…

Customer Question
Whenever I try to...

Whenever I try to print anything, I get a message that says computer validation failed. I have an HP envy 5660 all in one printer.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Two months ago approx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/4/2018
Technician: Eric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

In situations like this, the connection between your PC and the printer are corrupt, and the printer is not recognizing it as an allowed connection. What we need to do, is remove the printer and add it again in a specific way. Follow my steps below to do that.

f you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Follow these steps to remove all traces of the printer:

1. Click Start on your PC
  2. Begin typing Control Panel until you see the option, and select it
  3. Choose to Uninstall or Remove a Program
  4. Remove any and all programs referencing Epson
  5. Click Start on your PC again
  6. Start typing Devices and Printers until you see the option and click on it
  7. Right-Click on the printer in the list and choose to Remove Device
  8. Once it is removed, reboot your PC
  9. Click here and choose "Go directly to software and driver results"
  10. Choose the first download, which is "HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer Series Full Feature Software and Drivers"
  11. Once it is downloaded, locate the file and right-click on it choosing to Run As Administrator
  12. Follow the prompts to fully reinstall all updated drivers and software
  13. Reboot your PC again.

The printer should now begin to act normally.

`

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,