Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print in black. I have tried 2 new cartridges and…

Customer Question
It won't print in...

It won't print in black. I have tried 2 new cartridges and failed.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Photosmart 5520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

About a month

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes first the black faded and then quit - when I checked with the printed it showed the black ink cartridge full

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

The problem you are facing is caused due to clogged printhead, if you have not tried the basic maintenance steps then, follow the steps from this LINK to do that (skip those steps which you have tried already) otherwise, you have to flush the printhead using a printhead cleaning kit, you can get the kit from any nearby computer store or from the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Printhead-Cleaning-Kit-for-Epson-Canon-Brother-HP-Printers-New/132381188430?hash=item1ed288a14e:g:AFQAAOSwrohZ4-xl