Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is only printing the shaded boxes on a pdf file…

Customer Question
My printer is only...

My printer is only printing the shaded boxes on a pdf file and none of the letters. the printer is one week out of warranty

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Envy 4520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

I live in Indiana and printer is in Florida. It just started this week and it worked fine in October when I was here last

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

OS on 12/25/17. Printer drivers about 30 minutes ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

what does it look like in the print preview ?

and is the form an online form?

those you often have to save first and then fill out on your computer in the acrobat reader. otherwise your modifications ( filling out the form) do not stay and when you print it you just get the basic form.

some forms just can not be modified even if it looks like they can be, they are designed to be printed and filled out by hand and then sent back.

If you send me the form i can look at it for you. there should be an attachment paper clip on this page that you can use to do that with.