Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Model # MX479 The envelope printing has jumped to center of…

Customer Question
Model # MX479...

Model # MX479 The envelope printing has jumped to center of envelope for return address and the recipients address drops off the envelope from top edge. Addresses position from left edge of envelope is proper in position. This occurs regardless of selection of envelope size. All my attempts to correct the problem fail, regardless of the envelope size selected. I cannot find the element in the manual to help me.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

My computer is an HP windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX479?

About 7 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't remember.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

All else functions well.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 6 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

what program are you using to print the envelopes

are you using ms word and their envelope wizard ?

That is the program ,MS word
I have other things to do and can't sit on this computer waiting for your responses. I am disappointed with this service and wonder if I care to continue. If you people can't work any faster, perhaps you should settle for the initial $5.00 and terminate the service.

I answered you at 4 pm and you answered back at 8 am the next day. I am sorry but i am no online 24/7

I am available now. If you want to make a specific time i can give you an offer and we can speak on the phone any time that you like. I can even log in remotely to fix it for you on your screen while you watch.

Or you can take a look at the screenshot

what you want to do is make sure that under mailings/ envelopes

when you click the OPTIONS button

you look under both envelope options tab to make sure that you are set to use the proper size envelope

and under printing options tab to make sure that it is set to feed the envelopes in the same way that you are actually feeding them

see screenshot below ( the envelope option window is shown twice but you will only see it once. It switches based on whether you hit envelope options or printing tab )

I have put up an offer for your to get you my cell phone number so you can call me whenever you want. And i can if you like remote into the computer and do it with you while we talk.

I have also given instructions and a screen shot of how to adjust the envelope printing If that is enough for you or you do not wish to continue could you please give me an excellent rating by clicking the smiley faces or stars and that will close the question

thank you.

I am well aware of these functions of your instruction, and have always followed them properly. What you are giving me DOES NOT correct the problem.

I am quite sure that I could make adjustments there and it would print properly

I am quite willing to do so remotely and guaranty it will work

Otherwise there is not much more I can do for you

There are adjustments for every conceivable movement in that are

Just moving the left margin to the left would correct the problem as you say it is printing to far to the right

But it seems that rather than fixin it you want to complain to somebody that it's not working if that is the case I will just opt out